Current Job Postings
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Social Media Specialist across all of the 7 brands we represent.
Weissach is a luxury and sports automotive group with three locations in Vancouver and one dealership in Calgary, specializing in automotive Sales, Aftersales, and Service. Our West 2nd location, where we started as a Porsche service centre, is now Canada’s largest independent Porsche store, which has thrived in Vancouver’s westside since 1980. We are also Canada’s only authorized dealer for Lotus cars, authorized dealers for Lamborghini Vancouver and Calgary, Bugatti Vancouver, RUF Vancouver and Calgary, Koenigsegg Canada, Pininfarina Vancouver and Rimac Canada.
You will work to evaluate a strategic social media plan for 2019 and beyond. You will ensure that the social, digital and in-store experience is consistent in representing the brands. You will work with the marketing, sales, parts, and service teams to bring the highest standards of innovative story telling. You will work with our in-house photographers to create relevant content across each brand. You’ll continually search for new, industry-specific opportunities within our space. The Social Media & Content Creation Specialist reports to the Marketing Manager and will work closely with other members of the marketing team as well as outsourced service providers.
- Run and manage all active social accounts for Weissach
- Understand social media trends, digital landscape & the automotive industry
- Drive social content planning
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries
- Manage all online reputation sites and responses for Weissach and each of the dealerships within the group (i.e. – Google Reviews, Yelp, etc.)
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
- Live posting to various social media sites during dealership events such as vehicle launches and ad hoc events
- Manage all paid social media campaigns and platforms for all dealerships within the group
- Continuously monitor and review social media strategies including content planning, content development, scheduling and posting.
- Report and track engagement metrics for measuring effective communication strategies
- With permission, post images of customers receiving delivery of their new vehicles
- Develop a strong sense of the Weissach brand image
- Demonstrate strong and effective creative project management skills and ability to lead and direct outside resources
‘A Day in the Life’
Everyday is different at Weissach! The morning will certainly involve checking in with the different brands both online and physically – do we have an interesting can in the showroom or for service that we can photograph or speak about? Then a daily check in with the marketing team, a review of performance online and update our blackboard wall. You’ll also be involved in our new website build and engaging with the agency and training. Kits has lots of great places for lunch and there’s always someone ready to do a run to the waffle shop. The rest of the day will be making sure we have some great content coming up and that teams attending events are briefed and ready to capture all the behind the scenes action.
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in Social Media, Journalism, Digital Design, Communications, Digital Marketing or related field
- Minimum of two years experience in a related social media position
- Ability to manage multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines
- Can think quickly and be decisive under pressure
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Passionate about the sports car, super car, and hyper car industries
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge in business applications of Social Media Networks: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Impeccable written and oral English skills
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle information appropriately
Nice to have
- Photography skills
- Photo editing skills
- Graphic design skills
What we offer:
Located in the heart of Kitsilano, we offer an exceptional team environment. You are an important part of a values-driven company that supports career development and encourages goal setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Not many small companies have thrived in the auto industry for as long as we have. Our way of doing business seems to work.
For general applications, please submit your resume and cover letter:
1757 West 2nd Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30 PST
Sat 10:00-5:00 PST (sales only)
Closed on long weekends